Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Lush Lacquer Minty Chip and Chubby Bubby

Hi guys! After my birthday at the end of February, I did a little Lush Lacquer haul (ok, I did a lot more than just this haul but that's another story) and it just came in the mail a week or so ago. I thought I'd show you a couple of swatches today. :)
This is Minty Chip. It's a creamy mint green base, with lots of black and white glitters through it. Because this has so much glitter in it, it was a little bit of a pain to apply, but having said that, I really love how it looks in the end. I love the name and concept of this polish because mint chocolate chip is one of my favourite ice cream flavours. :D Swatch shows 2 coats of Minty Chip plus one coat of top coat. (If I were to wear this as a full mani, I would definitely need another coat of top coat - it dried quite gritty.)

Chubby Bubby is basically Minty Chip, but a bubblegum pink instead of green. I found this one much easier to apply than Minty Chip, however. Swatch shows 2 coats of Chubby Bubby plus one coat of top coat. (Again, I'd need another coat of top coat if I were to wear this as a full manicure, it was pretty gritty.)

From the few Lush Lacquer polishes I've tried, they do tend to be a bit thick in my opinion. But that's nothing that a little bit of thinner can't fix. :) Remember that! If you have a really old, super thick polish (or maybe just an indie polish that uses a thick base) and you're thinking of throwing it out or something, you can always add some thinner to get it back to a usable state! :)

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

1 comment:

  1. These look great, especially Minty Chip. I like the density of glitter in them, it makes for a good effect - but I suppose the downside of that is the application is a pain!

    ReplyDelete