Friday, May 31, 2013

May Favourites ♥

Hey guys! It's the end of May so it's time for my May Favourites. I hope the month of May treated you well! :)

As usual, some of these were polishes/manis that I actually blogged and some were just posted on Instagram. :)
(Click on the number to go to the corresponding post or Instagram photo)
1. Glam Polish Star Candy
2. Love Thy Polish Gypsy
3. Alanna Renee Golden Snitch
4. Lynnderella I Can Afford It (I actually wore thsi in April but didn't blog it until May)
5. Iron Mail Nail Art
6. Emily de Molly Cosmic Forces
7. Shades of Phoenix Hermera
8. Pretty Serious The Pink One
9. OPI Suzi's Hungary Again + Solitaire

Source
This is more overall hand and nail care but oh well, same same. ;) At the beginning of the month Essence released their winter hand creams! These are the first hand creams I've ever seen by Essence. They call them 24h Hand Protection Balms (they're not really a balm... lol). There's 3 different wintery sweet scents! I have Caramel Hot Chocolate and Gingerbread Chai Latte. I can't remember what the third scent is lol. The only thing that makes me sad is that the scents are quite strong when you first put them on your hands and they (the Gingerbread one especially) give me a headache. :( After a couple of mins the scent gets more subtle but yeah. Just something to note if you're sensitive to scents. :) I love the actual hand cream which is why they made it into my favourites. :D It is really moisturising but absorbs quickly and makes my hands feel really nice for a long time. AND they only cost $1.95. AWESOME. :) I found mine at Target but they've also popped up at some Pricelines.
This month I started 2 new shows. :) One is actually a new show, and one is just new to me. I started The Carrie Diaries which I've heard a lot about. If you don't know it, it's a prequel to Sex and the City I believe. I don't think I've ever watched Sex and the City though haha. But I've really enjoyed The Carrie Diaries! I also really like AnnaSophia Robb as an actress in general so that might be a part of why I like it haha.
I've also been watching 90210 (the 2008-2013 series). I've only watched a bit of season 1 but I'm really liking it so far. The series actually finished this month too which is great timing for me getting into it (not!) lol. :P
If you don't know, my favourite shows are One Tree Hill, The OC, Gossip Girl, The Big Bang Theory, Pretty Little Liars, Hannah Montana (don't judge!).. etc etc. So those are the types of shows I watch. :P

This month I have all Aussie bloggers/nail girls to introduce to you! :)

LilyLovesLouise
I absolutely adore Sarah's cute little rounded nails! :) Her swatches are great and she gives really good reviews of polishes too. I definitely recommend you follow her.
Source
snowglobenails
I adore Megan's cute nubs! :D She also does really cute nail art and even has a nail art promotion account (@sgnailpromote) where she promotes other nail girls!
Source
Hope you have a great day. Let me know what some of your favourite things were in May! :)

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

14 comments:

  1. Can't wait to try the Essence hand cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glam Polish Star Candy is so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh we watch all the same TV shows!! The only one I've not watched is the OC.
    I started 90210 this month too and I really like it! I'm part way through the last (5th) season and it's no longer as good as it was in the first couple seasons.. I can see why it got cancelled :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must watch The OC!!! You'll love it if you like all the shows I mentioned. :) I'll never love a show as much as The OC ♥
      I'm still almost at the end of season 1 of 90210 now, but that sucks that it got worse lol :(

      Delete
  4. I only just caught up with the last ever episodes of 90210. All my fave shows are getting cancelled :(
    This month, I've loved OPI's Can't Find My Czechbook and Essie's Avenue Maintain. Quite surprising considering I'm not a fan of the colour blue but they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh I love Can't Find My Czechbook too! So pretty.

      Delete
  5. Don't know where my comment went from last night but...
    a) I love the shades of phoenix manicure a LOT!

    My favourites? Seriously I want to reapply Demure Vixen by Essie, that colour is gorgeous.
    At the moment I'm wearing live and let die, and whilst I love the colour and the depth of shimmers, its a bit too dark for what I usually go for.

    Also.. we watch the same shows!!! I love love love Carrie Diaries, though I never loved Sex and the City!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're like the same person! ;) Haha! Demure Vixen looks so pretty! And I own Live & LEt Die but haven't worn it yet!! Probably should soon hehe.

      Delete
  6. Noooo new 90210 so not as good as the original and the best - Jason Priestly, Jennie Garth, Luke Perry!! Gotta love :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The new 90210 is definitely not as good as the original- I highly recommend watching it, if you're into 90s television. =) The new one definitely does have its own style though, and I quite liked it. It ended on a rather abrupt note, but overall it was a pretty decent show. =)

    I want to see The Carrie Diaries, but haven't had a chance yet. Maybe I'll get into it this summer! Also, Gossip Girl and Hannah Montana are my guilty pleasures <3 One Tree Hill was the best for the first four seasons, and I stopped watching The Big Bang Theory when they stopped doing science jokes and dumbed the whole show down. =( Kinda sad, but what can you do?

    ReplyDelete