Friday, June 28, 2013

#bestietwinnails with Marie!

Hey guys!
Marie from Marie's Manicure Madhouse (or @m1ssmar1e on Instagram, and she's also the mind behind Loony Lacquer) and I decided to do a #bestietwinnails mani! :D This was my first time doing a bestie twin mani! I'd wanted to do one for a while but didn't have anyone to do it with, haha. I believe this 'tag' sort of thing, was created by MrsLochness on Instagram and her friend. :)
We decided our mani would be a skittlette, and feature pink and brown with animal print stamping.
Today we revealed our manis to each other and it was so funny because they looked almost exactly the same. LOL!


So here's what went into creating my mani...

I started doing mine and then realised that it was so similar to a mani I saw a while back by, you guessed it, Marta from ChitChat Nails! Here's that mani. :) So I decided to just go all out and do mine almost totally inspired by her. :P


The pink creme (it actually has a subtle shimmer) I used is Ulta3's Pale Dahlia from the pastel collection from 2012.
I stamped over that using Ulta3's Cocoa with plate W101 from Winstonia. I also filled in some of the leopard spots with OPI's Goldeneye. :)


On the ring finger I used Essence Sneezy from the Snow White collection. It's a super nice chocolate brown with a little bit of silver microglitter in it. Before I stamped on the mani, this totally reminded me of strawberry & chocolate ice cream! Haha!
And lastly on the pinky I used 3 coats of OPI Goldeneye, my favourite gold of all time. :)


On my thumb I also stamped a little kitty over Ulta3 Pale Dahlia from plate W115 also from Winstonia, with Ulta3 Cocoa (pictured right).

It was really fun doing these twin nails with Marie! :) Make sure you check out her blog & follow her on Instagram! :D

I will definitely be doing more twin nails, it was awesome! :)

Hope you have a great weekend, everyone! ♥

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of bestie nails, it sounds so fun! I love the combination you came up with :)

    ReplyDelete