Tuesday, July 23, 2013

OPI Lucky Lucky Lavender & Essie Absolutely Shore - ry.com.au Swatches & Review

Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been absent for the past couple days! I haven't been wearing a lot of polish, because I've been trying out gel polish this week (I might do a review on that soon) and it's also been the most horrible weather! I know I always say that, but it seriously has been terrible. :/ The other day was the coldest day in over a year! And it's been the wettest July in 17 years where I live. Ick.

Anyway, today I have a review from Ry, an online store that sells hair care, makeup, skin care, perfumes, beauty tools & other beauty products, mainly from high end brands. They even have mens products. They have kindly sent me two polishes from their site to review! Polish wise, Ry sells OPI and Essie polishes. I have one from each brand to show you.



Sorry that the photos in this post didn't turn out great. I kept waiting for a nice day to swatch these polishes but it just wasn't happening, so I just went ahead and swatched them and did the best I could. Hope you can still get a good look at the polishes. :)




OPI "Lucky Lucky Lavender"A pretty purple colour that definitely leans very pink. This polish is from the 2010 Hong Kong collection from OPI, but it's a permanent colour in their line. Such a pretty pink. A staple in any girl's polish collection if you like pink!
This polish requires 3 thin coats for full opacity, it does apply a little streaky on the nail but the end result is super pretty.




Essie "Absolutely Shore"
A very very very light pastel green. The lightest green I've ever seen! Not exactly a 'mint' green though. I believe this was from one of their Resort collections? Or perhaps a summer collection about two years ago. I think it's a permanent colour now, though. :)
This polish is quite sheer, and needs 3 thick-ish coats for opacity. Definitely a streaky one and not a very good formula, honestly, but I like the colour so much that I'm willing to work with it! I'm sure many of you know that Essie is not particularly known for having a great formula on light colours but lately with their newer colours I've heard their formula has improved a lot so that's exciting to hear. :)


The prices on these polishes are slightly lower than retail prices for us in Australia, but still a little pricey in my opinion. But it is cheaper than retail so I would definitely recommend it over paying full retail price. They have a nice colour selection from Essie & OPI, mostly from their core line as well as some of their nail treatments.

Along with the polishes, I was also sent a couple of sample sachets of other beauty products. I'm guessing this is what they'd include with all orders from their site. I was sent a Caron Bump Eraiser sample, which I have not tried yet but it is supposed to prevent and eliminate ingrown hairs and bumps after hair removal.
I also received a Dermalogica Barrier Repair UltraCalming moisturiser sachet. The packet says that it is for reactive/sensitive skin, which I do have. It sounds great and although I have not tried it yet, I have high hopes for it. :)
There were also a few little coupons included which is really nice. :)

Ry have pretty affordable shipping rates, even for overnight delivery! And if you spend over $99 in one order you get FREE standard delivery. And they have a reward points system, and gift vouchers available too.
You can also follow Ry on Twitter & Facebook :)

*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

2 comments:

  1. Love these colours! I have the Essie shade and need to pull it out and wear it again :)

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. galorious.blogspot.comJuly 27, 2013 at 8:01 AM

    im such a fan of unlucky lavender!

    ReplyDelete