Sunday, September 1, 2013

High Tea Manicure ♥

Hi guys! It's finally Spring! :D I'm so excited! The weather today is supposed to be 27 degrees (C) today! WHAT. Haha. Very strange for the first day of Spring but I'm happy because I miss the sunshine.

Yesterday I went to a high tea party for one of my besties' 21st birthday and I really liked my nails so I decided I'd show you!
These photos are taken on my phone, because I waited too late to take photos of my nails and my normal camera can't take focused photos when the sun is going down. :(

Also, my nails are rounded again. I broke a nail very far down on Thursday, and had to round that nail off. I can't stand having my nails different shapes or different lengths, so I ended up rounding them all off.
(Many of the posts you'll be seeing in the next week or two, were done before I broke my nail so you'll still see my square nails for a while!)


I did a fairly simple manicure. The pink I used is OPI I Theodora You, which was from the Oz collection earlier this year. This is definitely one of my favourite baby pink/neutral jelly colours. It's pretty subtle and nice. The glitter I used is OPI Crown Me Already which is another favourite of mine! I love this glitter. I need to not use it so much though because I love it so much and it's a little hard to find. :( And if you can, it's kind of expensive. I'm glad I was able to get it around my birthday so I didn't feel bad spending more money on it than I usually would on polish haha.

I really love this dress I wore to the party! It's a mint-y green colour. It's a little short though so I can only wear it with tights/leggings underneath :(

Hope you guys enjoyed this post & are having an awesome weekend. ♥

7 comments:

  1. How nice is the weather? I'm typing this from outside, fellow Adelaidian. Lol. That pink is gorgeous. *w*

    ReplyDelete
  2. your nails shape is perfect and I really like this combo of colours and finishes (nice bling-nling effect looking so girlish ;).


    ech, sadly in my country we have autumn... ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, my nails keep breaking on the corners too when I have them square so I've come to the realization that I'll have to keep them rounded. I love this combination! I bet it would be pretty with pale blue too since you are approaching spring. We're fall bound here so I'm pulling out the dark colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the combination of the pink with glitter. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. caseylanelovespolishSeptember 2, 2013 at 1:10 PM

    Gorgeous! So soft and pretty and classic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your nails look so cute rounded! And they're not even that round. My nails are perfect ovals, but I like that I don't have to worry about the corners chipping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad it's spring now too and I'm so glad I discovered your blog! I could sit there and look at different manicures all day :) (what a sad life haha)

    Love this pink, I need to get it and the glitter accent nail is gorgeous!

    http://missmel7.blogspot.com.au/
    Mel

    ReplyDelete