Friday, December 20, 2013

B Squared Lacquer Christmas & New Years Set {Swatches & Review}

Hi guys! I have some swatches to share with you today from a new to me indie brand from the US! B Squared Lacquer is owned by the lovely Mia {@miadillpicklenails on Instagram}. She has a fantastic range of polishes in her store so I definitely recommend you check them out.
I have 8 polishes from B Squared to share with you today, from the Christmas & New Years set.


This post is going to be majorly pic heavy so please click the Continue Reading button below to see the swatches. :)


Oh, and my watermark varies a bit throughout the photos. Sorry about that! I changed my watermark halfway through putting this post together.

Anyway - onto the swatches. :D

Glitzy is a clear base with loads of silver & gold holographic glitters in a lot of different sizes and shapes, including stars! I actually showed this polish in my {Rudolph Nail Art} post so to see more pictures of it you can check it out there. :D
The glitter was pretty easy to apply, nice glitter payoff in one coat. I did have to fish for the star glitters a little bit, but that's to be expected with larger glitters.
I layered it over Rimmel's Acid House which is a shimmery dark green and it looked really pretty.


Ho Cubed {or Ho³} is Christmas in a bottle. It's a white base with green, red, silver and gold glitters. The formula was pretty good, with nice glitter payoff and not a lot of fishing involved. I did find that it applied a little thick and I had to be quick painting or it would dry before I finished but I think that was the weather and not the polish. I did my swatches on a stinking hot day which can definitely mess with polish.
I used 3 coats + 1 coat of top coat. I could've gotten away with two coats but I chose to do three.


Holoberries is a berry holographic with a blue duochrome shimmer to it too. Lovely formula, super smooth and effortless to apply. Dried super fast too! :)
I used 2 coats + no top coat, it dried shiny and fast on its own. :)


Iceberg is a bright blue jelly with loads of silver holographic glitter through it. The formula on this polish was a little thin but not bad, and glitter payoff was still nice.
I used 2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.


Midnight is a black jelly with lots of gold and silver holographic glitters... and stars. :D This had a similar formula to Iceberg but not quite the same glitter payoff. I had a little trouble getting the stars/larger glitter out but if I'd stood the bottle upside down for a few minutes before painting I'm sure it would've been better.
2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.

Radioactive Snow is an iridescent glitter topper that has flakies and other glitters. This is a glow in the dark polish! :O It glows blue in the dark. Unfortunately I didn't get to try the glow in the dark effect but I can't wait to. This really is soo pretty. I think I'll love it in winter!
{Actually - after I had been in the sun photographing this polish, I came back inside and the bottle appeared to have a glow to it! So cool!}
I layered 1 coat over OPI Lincoln Park After Dark, + 1 coat of top coat.


White Lights is a white base with gold holographic glitter. This one dried a bit chunky on the nail but that's nothing a couple layers of top coat can't fix. :) This is totally packed with glitter!
2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.


Whoville is an amazing glitter topper with traditional Christmas coloured glitter and also neon glitters! There's tons of different sizes and shapes of glitter in this also, including stars again! :D This one is inspired by the Grinch, which is one of my favourite Christmas movies! :)
I wore this one as a full manicure and adored it. I layered 1 coat over Holoberries. ♥ I used 2 coats of top coat to smooth it out but it probably could have done with a third. It wasn't incredibly bumpy after 2 coats of top coat, but I do like my manicures to be 100% smooth.


So, this collection is definitely perfect for the Holiday season. I am so excited to rock some of these very soon as a full manicure. They are such fun colours!
My favourites are definitely Glitzy and Whoville - amazing glitters! I definitely recommend all of the polishes in this collection. Mia did an awesome job with this collection. :)

B Squared Lacquer
Store | Twitter | Instagram {#bsquaredlacquer} | Facebook
*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

2 comments:

  1. I like all except the white ones but not cause they're bad just personal preference. Never been fond of the white glitter filled polish. The blue is very eye catching isn't it?

    ReplyDelete