Saturday, August 31, 2013

August Favourites ♥

I am so happy that August is over. Because that means that SPRING IS HERE! I'm so excited for the sunshine! :) I don't love hot weather but I do like when it's nice and sunny outside. :)  And it's also much easier for me with my blog when I don't have to cross my fingers that the sun will come out so I can swatch/take photos! :P Anyway, without further ado, here are my August Faves!

nail polish & nail art
(Click on the number to go to the corresponding blog post/instagram photo)
1. piCture pOlish Ocean
2. Love Thy Polish Marine Dream
3. Glam Polish Leap Frog
4. Blue & Pink Polka Dots
5. French Manicure
6. Gradient with stamping and glitter
7. Studded pink & gold leopard
8. ANMonday - Disney
9. Watercolour Flowers {inspired by @hannvjk}

nail care
For nail care I have been absolutely obsessed with cuticle oil. I use cuticle oil often but lately I have been using it much more often than usual! Usually I use it about twice-three times a day, but lately I've been using it upwards of five times per day! Not kidding! Haha. 

I've also been using a new nail strengthener by Essence (Studio Nails Ultra Strong Nail Hardener)  because I ran out of my beloved Duri Rejuvacote and didn't really want to purchase a new bottle. I do go through it quite fast and the Essence strengthener is a lot cheaper and more accessible for me so I thought I'd try it. I don't really know how much it makes my nails grow, but it doesn't claim to do that anyway. It definitely makes my nails feel stronger! And it's only around $3.50 I think. Can't beat that. :D If it continues to work well for me I will definitely repurchase it! The only thing is, Essence likes to discontinue and rotate their products fairly often so I should probably stock up!

movies & tv
This month my boyfriend and I started watching Smallville! After seeing Man of Steel at the movies last month I really wanted to watch Smallville. I love superhero movies as you may already know. :) Yep I know Smallville is over 10 years old now but when it started I was only 8 years old sooo... :P We're only about halfway into the first season at the moment but I cannot wait to watch more. It's exactly the type of show I love. :) Although a few little bits creep me out, because I'm just a freak like that. lol.
This month we also saw Now You See Me at the movies, and I absolutely LOVED it. It was so great! It left me feeling a little confused however, so I will probably watch it again so I understand haha. But it was really good, I definitely recommend you watch it!

nail girls
(instagrammers, youtubers, bloggers)
 Well, this month I got a bit obsessed with following new people on Instagram. I followed about 200 new girls this month! Now my feed is totally jam-packed but I love all the amazing nail art I get to see & be inspired by! :) I'm going to show you a few of the amazing girls' nails I've been obsessed with lately. But trust me, I could easily show you over 100 pictures here so it was soooo hard to narrow down. :(

1. @s0kolova's swatch of a Golden Rose nail polish. Her nails and photos are beautiful.
2. @thepolishedokie's beautiful peach gradient and that heart! SO cute! :)
3. @sabrinasnails does some super cute nail art. I love her cheetah print & bow!
4. How ADORABLE are these ice cream nails by @badgirlnails?! ♥ 
5. I love this gorgeous floral by @cathirenenails!
6. I'm obsessing over @mirma_natalia's beautiful photos sooo much. ♥♥♥
7. Very pretty simple mani by @naildecor.
8. Love these triangle gradients by @justinelise.
9. It was so hard to choose just one of @hannvjk's manis to share! But I adore this perfect gradient!

I hope you enjoyed my favourites for this month and let me know what you think about me featuring 9 manicures that I loved during the month. :) I would love to continue doing this! It's nice to share the l♥ve. :)
Let me know what some of your favourite things were this month! I would really love to know! :)

3 comments:

  1. I love all of your favorites! I REALLY love the leopard print and the watercolored ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that you share newbies work too! What a great way to help those of us learning and trying to grow in the community. I always look forward to your posts so I can get some HELP with my nubby, weak nails. I need to learn your filing technique because that's where I really struggle!

    ReplyDelete