Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Femme Fatale "Crimson Acolyte"

Today I have a mani to show you that I wore on the weekend. I was supposed to wear it to a wedding but unfortunately we didn't get there :( Sad because this mani matched the dress I was going to wear really well, too!
**Please excuse for a little pic spam because I love this so much!**
I did 2 coats of Femme Fatale's Crimson Acolyte over 2 coats of OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips (my favourite hot pink of all time).
Crimson Acolyte is a pink jelly base with loads of pink and red glitter, some of them being holographic. I'm sure you could wear this on its own but I chose to layer it so I didn't have to do many coats. I'd like to try it on its own sometime, though. :) I actually got it for free for ordering over a certain amount in my last Femme Fatale order! And I'd wanted it anyway so that was cool. :)
I topped the mani off with one coat of Essence Gel Look top coat and one of Seche Vite. It was still a little bumpy after, though.
Femme Fatale is becoming my favourite indie brand, I think! The glitter combos are BEAUTIFUL and they just always look so gorgeous and sparkly!
I thought I should mention that I wore this over a base of PVA (peel off base coat), and it stained my nails really bad. I don't think it would have stained if I used a normal base coat between the PVA and nail polish but just beware. :) I think OPI pinks don't react well with the PVA, or something.
HOLY MOLY!! ♥_♥
This was definitely an unexpected favourite! I'm so glad I got it as my complimentary mini in my order. :D I'd like to layer it over a darker pink-ish berry colour and see what that looks like, too.
 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

6 comments: