Monday, June 10, 2013

AN Monday - Pink ♥

Hey guys! :) I hope you had a nice weekend (or are still having a nice weekend, if you're here in Aus and have a long weekend hehe).
Today for AN Monday, the theme is pink! :D

I didn't have a whole lot of time to put something together so I just went with an easy glitter gradient and holo accent nail. :) I used all polishes from my untrieds basket too! ;) (Ok I have multiple boxes to hold my untrieds. Don't judge)
My base colours are Savvy by DB's Strawberry Punch and Color Club's Miss Bliss.
Strawberry Punch is a gorgeous strawberry pink creme. Great formula for such a cheap polish too! :) I'm sure you all have heard about Color Club's Miss Bliss, which is a pink holographic. I LOVE this so much. ♥
For my glitter gradient, I used a MUD polish (MUD is a polish/makeup brand you can find in Woolworths in Aus - super cheap, I think the same people who own Ulta3, own this brand too) called Pixie Dust. I didn't realise until I actually started using it, that this polish has a SLIGHTLY tinted base... I'm guessing maybe the glitters bleed a bit? It's not that noticeable really, but if I looked closely I could tell that the base is slightly tinted. Anyway, it's a dark rose pink glitter. And it's quite a sparse glitter so it's not the best for a gradient.
I have a glitter gradient tutorial HERE on my YouTube channel if you're interested in seeing how I did the gradient. :)

Have a great day/morning/afternoon/evening. :) ♥

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

12 comments:

  1. Miss bliss!!! I wannnnnnnnntttttttt!!! Also strawberry punch is quite pretty too. Looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome holo, I can't believe it took me such a long time to try it haha. It looked much better in person, my camera sucks at photographing holos! Thank you ♥

      Delete
  2. I love pink glitter, on anything, but mostly over other pinks :) Gorgeous look!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually don't own many pink glitters! I struggled to find one in my collection for this mani haha! Thank you ♥

      Delete
  3. How does one know about the theme before Monday? Interested to find out more - I LOVE this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I love the gradient!! Don't get me started on that beautiful holo!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ♥ :) Haha it's amazing isn't it! I wish my camera had picked it up a little better though!

      Delete
  5. sooo pretty ! i'm not a big fan of pink nail polishes, they don't suit me very well. but i love what you did :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear pink too often but I did like this!! Haha thank you :) ♥

      Delete
  6. Pretty in pink! Look great.

    Can anyone get involved with Aussie Nails Monday or is it not open to the public?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julia! Thank you!
      At the moment I just created ANM for me and some friends. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. That's ok! There are so many who participate I just wondered - I want to join a nail challenge to be inspired and challenged but don't really know where to find one! Thanks anyway :)

      Delete