Sunday, June 9, 2013

Zoya PixieDust - Nyx

Hey guys! I am super excited to show you my first ever Zoya mani! :D It's not my first ever Zoya polish but it's the first one I've worn. (I've had my first Zoya for over a year and never worn it... Insane lol - I will soon!)
I had a whole drama lately trying to get my hands on some of these Zoyas and I'm sure some of you saw that on Twitter. Anyway, I finally got my hands on some. Had to pay a bit more than I'd like, but anyway.
This is Nyx, from Zoya's PixieDust line. It's sort of periwinkle looking, but definitely leans much more blue than purple to me. The PixieDust polishes are textured like OPI's Liquid Sands but these are actually a lot more sparkly which is crazy, I thought the OPI ones were sparkly but nope these are much more sparkly and shimmery. :)
I also found the physical texture on this polish a bit smoother than the OPI Liquid Sand polishes but it still has the textured look I like. :D
All of the textured polishes I've tried dry very quickly but I think the Zoya ones may be the slowest if you don't want long enough between coats, like me. :P I found I was still denting and smudging my nails almost an hour after application. But I'm going to say that was my own fault for not waiting until one coat was totally dry before going onto the next coat. I ended up doing 3 coats for full opacity.
Unfortunately, it's winter here now so I was unable to get a picture of this in the sun. :(

And I've had questions asking what these are like with top coat - I've never actually tried any textured polishes with top coat because from what I've heard, you'd need at least 3 coats of top coat to get a smooth, glossy finish and I can't be bothered doing that lol. Plus that's just not the way they're supposed to be worn. Sorry!

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE textured polishes. I need to get me some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're soo cool! Even some drugstore brands are releasing them now like Sally Hansen etc :) which I LOVE because it means I can get my hands on them haha. You should :)

      Delete
  2. This is gorgeous! I think this'd be great in any season too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yess it definitely could go with any season!! :) I'll have to wear this soon and post a pic in better lighting because this is insanely sparkly in the light.

      Delete