Thursday, June 27, 2013

Born Pretty Holographic #8 Review

Hello ladies! :) Today I have another Born Pretty Store review for you. (This is also the first post where you'll see my new watermark! Do you like it? I know I change it a lot but I think I'll be settled on this one for a while.)
Born Pretty recently released holographic nail polishes on the store. Pretty awesome! You can go and pick up some essential nail art goodies & grab yourself a pretty holo at the same time. ;)

Flash
Shade
The holos don't have names, just numbers. This is #8. It's a blue linear holo. The holo isn't as strong as some holos (eg. Color Club's Halo Hues collection) but it's definitely not a 'weak' holo either. I think the level of holo is perfect because some strong holos can look very silvery in the shade but this one still has a nice blue colour. :)

The consistency of this polish is sort of a jelly-like consistency (some holos can be sort of chrome-ish types of polishes and I think those are usually the hard to apply, silvery looking ones) but it isn't too sheer. I used 2 coats here, without top coat, but I'm sure you can top coat this without dulling the holo. :)
The brush on this polish was quite nice, but short. The lid was a little hard to hold, as it's small and square but not a huge deal.

Sunlight
Sunlight
The Born Pretty holos are $12.88 USD, but they're on sale right now for $6.44 USD! I think that's a pretty good deal. Another thing to note, though, is that each polish contains 6mL of product (which is about half the size of most indie polishes, and almost double the size of an OPI mini). They're rather small bottles but really, I very rarely even use up a 3.75mL OPI mini bottle so that's ok with me. For $12.88, however, I'm not sure it's worth it for a 6mL product. But while they're on sale for $6.44 I think it's great! They have quite a few very pretty coloured holos to offer. I may need to grab some more in the future. :)

You can get 10% off your Born Pretty Store order with the code CAL91. They also have free worldwide shipping which is awesome. :)
*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

2 comments:

  1. Wow LOVE this shade. It's so unique and pretty. Plus I'm a sucked for blue polish.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that is such a pretty shade of blue! And I like the new watermark :)

    ReplyDelete