Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Born Pretty Store BK Nail Lacquer Thinner Review

Hey guys! Today I have a review of a product from Born Pretty Store for you. I've been ordering nail art bits and pieces and other nail things from there for a couple of years now and I've never had an issue with anything I bought from there. :) They also sell things like hair accessories, jewellery and cute phone cases! Everything on their site is SUPER affordable.

I chose to review the BK Nail Lacquer Thinner (item ID: 4887) because I was curious about it. I wanted to know if it actually worked well, because most other nail polish thinners I've seen (around here, anyway) are super expensive. The BK Nail Lacquer Thinner costs $6.88 USD which I think is an awesome deal!

On the website, it says that this thinner is 70ML. I will say that when I received my package, the bottle was only half full and the packaging felt wet and smelled very strong, so I'm guessing that it definitely leaked in transit which is really unfortunate. :(
In the photo below I've shown how much liquid is left in the bottle. This photo was taken after I'd used the product in a few different polishes, though so there was a little more in there when I first received it.
When I had the bottle laying down and I was photographing it, I did notice that a bit of the product leaked out the top so I would definitely say the packaging isn't the greatest as it does seem to leak a bit and that's probably what happened in transit.
But anyway, onto the actual product itself, packaging and leakage aside.
 I tested this thinner with my Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat and my first ever OPI, Do You Lilac It which is pretty old and I've used at least half the bottle so it was a bit goopy and thick.
I'm sure if you've tried the Seche Vite top coat, you'll know that it gets thick extremely quickly and definitely does need to be thinned pretty often.
I added a few drops of thinner to my bottles of polish and gave them a shake and it brought them back to a nice consistency. :)

I'm not sure what the ingredients are in this polish thinner, but it does say on the bottle that it's specifically a SOLVENT. You definitely want to use a solvent as your polish thinner, and not a polish remover or anything (like I'm sure most of us did when we were kids, or maybe you still do now!). Now I suck at science-y stuff but I suggest you check out this post by LabMuffin because she explains it better than I ever could haha. The main thing is that you want to use a polish thinner that contains the same main solvents as your nail polish that you're thinning contains (I think lol!).
I'm also unsure if polish thinners are supposed to have a strong smell... because this one definitely has a strong sort of perfume-y, chemical smell to it. I definitely recommend you use this in a well ventilated area, as you should any nail polish/product.

The bottom line is that I do like this polish thinner! It restored my polishes back to a nice consistency and made them usable again! :) It's a really affordable price. The downside is the packaging and that it tends to leak. If it didn't leak and you got a full bottle, this would definitely last you a pretty long time too!

You can use the code CAL91 to get 10% off your order at Born Pretty Store! They ship worldwide for free! (Who doesn't love free shipping?!)


 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the review! I have been pondering what thinner to try and may try this one out. Have you found any others that you like that are also inexpensive?

    ReplyDelete