Friday, June 7, 2013

Mint with Chevrons

Hi guys! I was inspired by It's All About The Polish aka Theresa a while back when she posted this pretty mint mani! And I decided I wanted to do something similar! :)

Although I'm not the type of girl who strictly wears dark colours in winter and bright colours in summer, I do usually gravitate toward the darker colours in winter (though in all honesty I'm not the biggest dark polish fan anyway). So yes even though it's now officially winter and already freezing cold, I don't mind rocking the pastel nails. :D
I used my favourite mint green creme, China Glaze Re-fresh Mint with Femme Fatale Shimmering Snowcap on the middle finger.
I used Sinful Colors Snow Me White for the chevron stripes, and some zig zag scissors (aka pinking shears haha). I wasn't super happy with how my how my chevron stripes turned out. I don't think I spaced them out right. It would've looked much better on long nails like Theresa's haha. I had to use 2 coats of top coat on that nail to smooth out the stripes but it still felt pretty bumpy lol. Not really sure how to fix that next time. :(
Hope you like this mani... because I LOVE the chevrons (even though they turned out bumpy) and want to do more! And if you have any idea how I can make my chevron accent nail smooth without having to do 293749237 layers of top coat. :/

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

11 comments: