Monday, September 8, 2014

Mani Monday: Arte Clavo - Cake Pop

Happy Mani Monday friends! Hope you had a fantastic weekend & Father's Day {for those of you in Aussie-land}. What did you get up to? :)

I can't remember if I mentioned here on my blog or not, but my nails are very damaged at the moment. I committed a nail crime a couple of weeks ago when I was wearing fake nails, and pulled them off, instead of soaking off like you're supposed to.
Needless to say, my nails are now extremely weak, peeling and awful! They were also super painful at first, which was horrible. Thankfully they aren't really painful anymore.

Since my natural nails are awful, I'm trying to grow the damage out. I decided to try and stick to mostly gel manicures for a while, as they last longer and many people also say that gel manicures add a layer of protection to your nails and help them to grow, which I do believe is true.


This is a gel polish from one of my favourite brands, Arte Clavo. I don't know a lot about the brand, to be honest, but I found them by accident on eBay. They sell very affordable gel polishes, and almost all of them are dupes {or similar - some aren't exact dupes} for CND Shellac polishes. I don't know about you, but I'd never be able to afford all of my favourite colours if I used Shellac polishes. Which is why I love these Arte Clavo polishes. I use them along with my Gelish Foundation & Top It Off base and top coats. :)

This polish is called Cake Pop. It is a gorgeous light pink creme. I needed 3 coats for opacity.
I don't believe it's an exact dupe for the CND polish, but it is similar. {I think the CND polish might lean a little more on the blue-y side of pink, and is a little lighter.}


I totally love this colour! Lately I have been gravitating towards light pinks and other pastel colours. I guess that's because springtime is starting.

I find that the Arte Clavo polishes apply great and last just as long as any other gel polish. I know that some people don't agree with using the cheaper gel polishes but I don't have a problem with it.
I wore this gel manicure for about 5 days before I got bored of it. I do think it would've lasted at least a few more days!

I also wanted to share with you a mini nail haul that arrived in my mail box today! :) I bought two items from the seller "enchantedbeautyspot" on eBay.


I made this eBay order mainly for the Nailtiques Formula 2 nail strengthener. I heard about this from Lindsay Does Nails on YouTube. You might know that my favourite strengthener has been Duri Rejuvacote for over 2 years now, but lately I haven't really been seeing results when I use it, so I decided to try something new! :) I will update you on my thoughts.

I didn't want to pay shipping for just one item, so I also bought the Orly Gel FX gel polish in Beach Cruiser! This is a super bright neon pink. I am sooo excited to try it out when summertime comes around! {Although I am not excited at all for the sticky disgusting-ness that comes with summertime.} I think it will be an amazing pedicure colour.
This will be my first time trying an Orly gel polish so that's exciting too! I only own a few "name brand" gels.

Thanks so much for reading. Especially if you got all the way to the end. ;)

What is on your nails this Mani Monday?! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment