Monday, September 1, 2014

Mani Monday: L'oreal 'Lacey Lilac'

Hi everyone! Happy Monday & HAPPY SPRING!
I am so excited that springtime & September are here. I really love this time of the year when it's starting to warm up a bit. {Although I am not looking forward to summer/heat wave season, but that's still a few months away yet.}
It's a little ironic, however. We had lovely, warm, sunshine-y weather the past few days, but the first day of spring has been a little chilly and rainy.

Being the first day of spring, I decided to paint my nails with a spring-y colour! The past few months I have really liked painting my nails to go with the seasons. In winter I enjoyed dark/muted colours, and now I'm reaching for more pastel/bright colours.

This is Lacey Lilac by L'oreal.


I picked up this colour at The Reject Shop for about $3, if I'm remembering correctly. They had a few pastel colours there, that looked like they had been sitting on the shelf for months, and I decided to give this beauty a try. {After Googling this polish, it seems it was from a limited edition spring collection from last year, so I'm not sure how readily available it would be now.}

Lacey Lilac is such a pretty spring colour. It's walking the line between pink and purple. Depending on what the lighting is like, sometimes it will lean very pink, and sometimes very purple.
The polish has a nice brush, with a slightly curved tip, making it easy to cover the nail.
It went on a little streaky on the first coat, but the second evened it out. I added one coat of Seche Vite top coat to finish off.

I can definitely see myself reaching for this colour again soon. Pinks and purples are my favourite in the spring!

PS. A lot of you requested more nail posts in my Requests/Suggestions post, so I couldn't ignore that kind of response! I've decided to try and put out a blog post whenever I paint my nails. I can't promise anything, but I will try to put up at least one nail post per week. :) But there was also quite a lot of you that said you wanted to still see my planners, so I will also be continuing those posts.

{Just know, I don't wear anything super exciting on my nails these days. If you follow my Instagram, you would probably know that I did a huge destash of my collection recently. I can now easily fit my collection into a shopping bag. I only own a few glitters, because I'm really only gravitating towards creamy colours.}

Some people had also requested to see things like nail care, polish clean up, etc. I actually have some videos on my YouTube channel relating to those things if you are interested. I also have a nail care section on my blog which contains some things like nail care, as well as other nail related tips & tricks.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you have a fantastic week. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment