Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Cyrene Lovette Lacquers {Swatches & Review}

Cyrene Lovette Lacquers is a new indie brand in the US, being manufactured by The Juice Box Lacquer. I have 6 polishes from their line to show you.

Cyrene is a coral red. The formula on this colour was quite thick which threw me off a bit but it wasn't so bad. I would probably add a couple drops of thinner before I use it again, though. Thankfully it dried pretty fast. It also dried to a satin-y finish.
I used 2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.


Grace is a vibrant {but deep - is that possible?} purple jelly. As it's a jelly formula, it was quite sheer on the first coat but the second one built up nicely. The formula on this one was nice, it was a bit thick still but not as thick as Cyrene.
I used 2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.


Jewel is a cobalt blue jelly. The formula on this was pretty much the same as Grace.
I used 2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.


June is a yellow toned nude jelly. Again, the formula was pretty much the same as Jewel and Grace.
I used 2 coats + 1 coat of top coat.


Lovette is a standard black. It had a similar formula to the other jellies, but a bit thicker. It was pretty much opaque in one coat, so that's all I did! {Under the bright lights it might look a bit patchy but in normal daylight, it looked opaque.
{This was so shiny I could actually see my reflection in it, haha!}
I used 1 coat + 1 coat of top coat.


Taja is an olive green with gold shimmers. This one was similar in formula to Cyrene. It's pretty thick, but that makes it basically opaque in one coat. But for me, I wouldn't wear this again without putting some thinner in it. But it is a really pretty colour!
I used 1 coat + 1 coat of top coat.


These polishes are all available to pre-order from the CLL website. They are offering worldwide shipping {excluding Italy}.

Cyrene Lovette Lacquers

*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

3 comments: