Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Love Thy Polish: A Very Snowy Trio {Swatches & Review}

Hi everyone!
Well, I am living up to my blog name right now. My nails are nubs. Just when I got them to the perfect shape and length, I went on a crazy filing spree. I had a job trial, and I'd most likely be working with my hands a bit so I decided to file my nails as short as I could go. I then shaped my nails round again - do not even ask me why I keep doing that, knowing that I don't like it - then I decided the next day that I didn't like it and went back square. I didn't have much nail to work with either, so now my nails are insanely short... Woops! So please just excuse the nubbies. Anyway, enough about that.

I have the A Very Snowy Trio from Love Thy Polish to show you today! This is Emma's Christmas trio for this year. :) This trio is based on snow, as you may have guessed. I don't know a lot about snow because, well, I've never seen snow. Haha. Anywho. Let's get into the swatches, shall we. :)


Plowed is a holographic dark grey {with a blue sort of undertone to it}. I love Emma's holos. :D
The formula on this was lovely, and quite opaque. I always find that Emma's holos dry quite fast {in a good way!} and this one was no exception. :) In my light box the holo wasn't very visible at all, but in the sun it was a little more visible. It definitely does look more holo in the bottle, though.
I used 2 coats + 1 coat of top coat for my swatch.


Sitting Pretty is a very dark chocolate brown jelly base with small white glitters and a subtle holographic shimmer. This one was a little sheer but easy to apply. It was pretty much opaque in 2 coats but I decided to do 3. :) This was suuuuper sparkly in the sun but I couldn't capture it. :(
I used 3 coats + 1 coat of top coat for my swatch.


Snowflakes Falling has small silver holographic & blue square glitters in a clear base. Great glitter payoff in just one coat!
I used 1 coat of Snowflakes Falling layered over black + 1 coat of top coat. :)


These 3 colours are very unique for a Christmas collection! I really like it. All 3 polishes could be worn any time of the year which is great because sometimes it can seem a little pointless to have polishes that you would ONLY wear one day / time of the year.

The A Very Snowy Trio will be available this Saturday, the 30th of November {at 10am South Australia time}.

The prices will be:
$6.50 for an 8mL mini {holos $8.50}
$9.50 for 12mL full size {holos $12}

Love Thy Polish

Other Love Thy Polish stockists:
Femme Fatale Cosmetics (AU only)
Mei Mei Signatures (international shipping available)
(also available in 2 salons in SA - see here for more info)


*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

3 comments:

  1. Ammmeeeeeiiii os esmaltes, um mais lindo que o outro EVER!!!! O meu preferido é o segundo que você postou, arrasa no brilho.


    Beijos :*
    vidro-colorido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Snowflakes Falling!

    ReplyDelete