Friday, November 1, 2013

Glam Polish Pixie Hollow Collection {Swatches & Review}

Hi guys!

I have a new collection from Glam Polish to show you today! I haven't shown you any new polishes by Glam Polish for a while so I am super duper excited about this.

This new collection is called the Pixie Hollow collection! This collection includes 9 polishes. 7 neons and 2 glitter/shimmer toppers.
This is a pretty different collection from what we're used to seeing from Glam Polish but just as awesome.


This post is going to be pic heavy so please click the 'continue reading' button below. :)



I'll start by showing you the 7 neon shimmers in the collection! They all had pretty much the same formula so I'll talk about that afterward.

Fawn is a bright, neon orange with a silvery shimmer {or maybe they're micro glitters...}. This totally makes my skin look zombie-like but I don't care haha. This is such an awesome colour - and I usually don't even like orange!
2 coats with no top coat.


Iridessa is a neon yellow {with a green undertone - kind of a chartreuse maybe} with a silvery shimmer. This one also makes my skin look crazy haha but I do like it. I wouldn't wear it on its own but it could be good for nail art or an accent nail.
2 coats with no top coat.


Rosetta is a berry pink neon, with a silvery shimmer, again. This one is beautiful! ♥ I can definitely see myself using this as a pedicure when the weather starts to get hot! Perfect beachy pink pedicure I think!
2 coats with no top coat.


Silvermist is a bright blue {this one isn't really neon compared to the rest, but this is still bright} with a silver shimmer.
2 coats with no top coat.


Sweet Pea is a neon pink with a silvery shimmer, once again. I thought that Rosetta and Sweet Pea were almost identical in the bottle, but Rosetta is a slightly darker and it is more of a berry pink, but they are quite similar. I know that in the photos they look SOOOO similar, but they are more different in person. Sorry about that. :( Neons are hard to capture.
Anyway, this is another beautiful pink for summer.
2 coats with no top coat.


Tinker Bell is a neon lime green with a silvery shimmer. Totally a Tinkerbell green. :) Green is another colour I don't wear often but it's a good addition to my collection.
2 coats with no top coat.


Vidia is a neon vibrant purple with you guessed it - a silvery shimmer! I think this one was a little more sheer than the rest so it may need 3 coats...
2 coats with no top coat.


The formula on the neons was fantastic. Very opaque and effortless to apply. They also dried very fast! They dry to a slightly satin-matte finish because they are neon, but you can't really tell because of the shimmer/glitters. But if you don't like that, you can just add a top coat of course. :) I still can't tell if it's shimmer or glitter in the polish, or a combination of both. Whatever it is; it's really finely milled and so pretty.
Note: These polishes are much more vibrant in person!

This collection also features two toppers!

Glimmer is a clear base, with iridescent glitters. It has smaller pieces and larger pieces also. This polish works best over a dark colour, but it is also really pretty over a nude or pastel for a more subtle effect. It will cover up your base colour though.
1 coat layered over Ulta3 Lotsa Fun {no top coat}.


Gliss is a holographic top coat. You can layer this over any colour you wish to give it a subtle holo sparkle. I think this would work best over creme colours {no sparkle} so that the holo pops more - but it still looks pretty over the neons from this collection.
1 coat over Sweet Pea, Vidia, Silvermist, Fawn and Tinker Bell {L-R}.


The Pixie Hollow collection is going to be just awesome for the upcoming summer season! {I can't believe there's only 1 month til summer!} These neons are an awesome addition to my nail polish collection - I honestly don't own many neons.

This collection is available for pre-order on the Glam Polish store TODAY {Nov 1st}. The official release date is November 9th!
These will be available from international stockists approximately late November.

Glam Polish

*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

5 comments:

  1. Love them all. Thanks for the heads up about the preorder. Luckily i have a sister in australia, so ive ordered the set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that she's trying something new; there are a couple I NEED in my life now. Darn it!

    ReplyDelete