Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Kate Spade Wellesley Set Up + On-The-Go Organiser

Last week I showed you my new Kate Spade Wellesley zip around personal organizer/planner. In that post you saw it exactly how I received it, but today I'm going to show you what it looks like now, after I have set it up and personalised it! :)

I'll also show you what is in my on-the-go stationery organiser at the end of the post.

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably would have seen most of this already. Sorry! ;)

This is gonna be a long post, folks!


I have been using my Kate Spade for almost a week now, and I am loving it! It's so nice and luxurious! The rings are quite a bit larger than my other planners, so I can fit more in here. 

The interior is also super cute, which you'll see below! :)

Here's what you'd see when you first open up my Kate Spade. 


As you can see, I haven't filled up the 8 card slots on the left yet. I'm not quite sure what I'd like to put in there.
At the moment, all I have in the pockets are a little Project Life card, that I wrote my Bullet Journal key on. {If you'd like to know what Bullet Journaling is, check out this YouTube video. I'm not actually using a Bullet Journal, but I like using a little system like this for my daily pages & to do list.
I also have a few little orange sticky tabs in there.


In the left opening pocket behind the card slots, I keep some of my most used sticky notes, washi tape samples, stickers {Martha Stewart & Kmart labels}, and sticky tabs. 
I don't keep anything in the right opening pocket behind the card slots at the moment.


Right now, the first thing in my Filofax is a journaling card. {See 2 photos above.} I believe it's a Kaiser Craft one. I usually don't have this there, but I just felt like popping it there on the front today. It's cute and happy.

Behind the journaling card is my dashboard, that I made myself from some glittery scrapbook card. {I also made my dividers with the same pack of scrapbook card.} I stuck one of our wedding pictures on top of it, and then laminated and hole punched it. 
I also have a cute little bear paper clip on my dashboard in case I need it.


After my dashboard, I have a cute 2014 overview that I downloaded from Little Miss Anna, and then printed and laminated it. I edited it to put my name on it. :) She also has super cute monthly & weekly inserts that you can download. I got this idea from Erin Joy on YouTube, to mark off the months that have passed with a sticker.

I also have a little sticky note with a Kikki K wish list on it.


I'm also using DIYFish's inserts in my planner now! I love them! They're super helpful. I'm using the LMI 2.1 version.

First up is the Yearly chart. In this section I just write down birthdays at the moment.


Here's also a look at my dividers and tabs. I don't have them labelled because I don't have a label maker, but I also don't like to set anything in stone since I'm always changing up my planner.

My first section is the Calendar, and within that section I have Month, Week and Today tabs.
The second tab is Lists and Notes. Within there I have a 30 Days tab {I'm doing '30 days of lists' journal in my planner every day. I compiled a list of prompts and every day I choose one from this list}. In this section I have my wish lists, date night ideas for my hubby & I, movies & TV shows I want to see, nail polish wish list, music to download, and then lots of note paper {I love the lined paper from Kiddy Qualia on Etsy. Her inserts in general are fantastic and the paper is amazingly thick.}
The third tab is Home. I realised that I had a few 'home' related lists in my Lists and Notes section, so I thought it needed its own tab. In here I have a wish list for home related items, as well a list of foods we have and need to be eaten {so bad at remembering what we have, and it ends up going off!}, etc.
The next tab is Blog. In here all I have right now is a list of blog posts I'm planning on doing at some point. I have a little sticky tab to this page so that I can flick there quickly.
After that, I have Contacts which is self explanatory.
I don't have anything behind the last divider.


I won't show you my month or week sections because there's some personal information in there. Sorry! If you want to see what those sections of the DIYFish inserts look like, you can look them up on YouTube because there are lots of videos showing them.

Here's what the Daily pages look like before I do much to them. I'm using the Day on 2 Pages. I usually just add some washi tape to the edges to reinforce the holes, but this time I added some of these page flags as a decoration. :)
I love that these inserts have a light grid to write on because it looks nicer than lines, but makes sure that your writing is straight.


I've had a few questions about what page markers I use in my planner. I buy the Project Life dividers {Spotlight or projectlife.com.au for us Aussies} and cut them shorter so they fit in my planner. :) I have lots of them now, and they have some REALLY cute patterns!


Behind all the dividers I have a business card holder with nothing in it yet, and a zip lock envelope with some little stickers and paper clips in it.
I also have a flyleaf with a pen loop on it, but I can't keep a pen in it because then my Kate Spade won't close. :( Haha.


Now onto my bright pink on-the-go organiser! This is actually a passport case that I bought on eBay for only a few dollars. They are very popular in the Filofax community for putting all your on-the-go planning/decorating essentials in, and they work fantastically.

Inside it has lots of small and large pockets.


On the left side, I have some cute little memo papers, as well as some paper clips/page markers, some hole reinforcement stickers, extra pen, extra pen ink for my Coleto pen, stickers, a few Project Life dividers and some note paper.


On the right side, I have some mini scissors, some sticky flags, sticky notes, my Masking Sticker sets {they are cute patterned stickers that are pre-cut in strips and circles, and you can write on them with pen!} and my favourite felt tip pens from Stabilo.


So, that's my current planner and on-the-go organiser set up! Hope you enjoyed! :) Please let me know if you have any questions at all!

If you have a Filofax/planner blog {or just a blog, but you post Filofax/planner related posts}, please leave me a comment with your link because I'd love to follow some new planner blogs! :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. So I've been trying to get my hands on one of these. I can't find them anywhere online! Do you suggest going to Kate spade retail store??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! do you know what size filofax inserts fit in the kate spade? thanks :)

    ReplyDelete