Monday, June 30, 2014

My Planner Story

Hi everyone! Happy last day of June. I hope it was a great month for you.

I'm going to share with you My Planner Story today. I thought it might help some of you who are looking at getting into planners and don't know where to start. Or have no idea what this whole thing is all about.

I'll try not to blab on too much. ;)

I've always adored stationery. When I was in school I collected stationery, like pens, notebooks etc. In high school I used a paper diary to track due dates, etc. After high school I stopped using a diary/planner. Once I started blogging, I decided to start using a diary again to track blog posts. That's all I used it for, though.

Fast forward to the start of 2014. I love watching OrganizedLikeJen on YouTube, and reading her blog also. Earlier in the year I was watching some of her videos where she shared what her planner setup would be for this year. She uses many different planners but the one that particularly caught my eye was her Filofax. She also shared a list of girls she followed on Instagram who are also into planners, so I decided to look them up and I fell in love. I loved how they decorated their planners and how many options there were out there! This is where my journey with Filofax started! :)

The planner that I chose to start with was the Kikki K Mint & Gold Time Planner, in Medium size, which is now discontinued. I found out about it when they had just put them on sale 30% off, and it was also my 21st birthday, so my lovely hubby bought one for me. Kikki K's planners are generally a bit cheaper than Filofax planners, which is why I chose to start there. At first, I thought it was absolutely insane to spend a large amount of money on a planner. I absolutely adored this planner. Mint is my favourite colour, so how could I not? ;)
PS. I hear that Kikki K may be releasing a new mint planner in October! It won't be the same as the old one but I can't get enough of mint-coloured-anything, and I know some of you love it too.

After a few weeks, I was getting more and more into this planner thing. I purchased lots of decorating goodies to go along with my planner and was finding out a lot more about the whole thing.
That's when I bought my first real Filofax. I found one on a great deal on eBay! It was used but I was fine with that. That was the Filofax Finsbury in Raspberry.

I've had, sold and swapped many planners since then, which is a little embarrassing when I think about it. Haha. It's just taken me a while to find something that works great for me and that I love.
I love keeping a few planners at a time. I don't use them all at once, however. I just use one, and switch all the inserts over to another when I feel bored with it.

That's what is so awesome about these binder style planners! You can take out all the inserts and move them to another planner. You can potentially use the same planner forever if you take care of it. All you need is to purchase new inserts for each year. It's so cool.

I also love that I can have so much stuff all in love book! Some examples of different things I keep in there are: diary/calender, to do lists, other lists (I am a huge list maker! I keep loads of lists in my planner), notes, addresses/contacts, my Etsy shop sales, pen pal trackers and notes, and more. It's so customisable. You can keep anything you like inside your planner.

Right now, I am using my beautiful Filofax Original in Fluro Pink. It is definitely bright, but so pretty. I adore the colour and I am absolutely loving the layout of the Original. I wasn't sure how I'd like it because it doesn't really have any pockets in the cover, but it's working out fabulously for me. It might be my favourite of all. In the future I might look into adding to my Original collection with another colour. Maybe a less 'out there' one. ;)


If you'd like to see my planner in action, I have a few setup videos on my YouTube channel.

I'm sorry to any of you who aren't at all interested in seeing planner posts on my blog. If you want to unfollow, it's ok. I won't be offended. I may still post nail polish posts from time to time, but I can't promise anything. I do still wear nail polish (I just don't change it as often as before, and I wear quite boring colours now to be honest) if you are wondering. :)

Thanks for reading, everyone. Hope you have an amazing week. ♥

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment