Friday, August 1, 2014

Kikki.K Lilac Time Planner - First Impressions {Filofax Friday}

Hi everyone! Welcome to my first Filofax Friday post! I hope to post one of these every week. Fridays will be all things Filofax/planner related. Tips, tutorials, hauls; you name it!
My first Filofax Friday is pretty exciting, I think!

This week, Kikki.K has released their new Time Planner line for 2015! (If you aren't aware, Kikki.K is a Swedish inspired stationery store. Their main stores are here in Australia, as well as other stores in Singapore and New Zealand. I think they will soon have stores in the US too!) The 2014 Mint Time Planner was hugely successful and people are still hunting them down and paying crazy prices to get their hands on one! I was super excited to hear that the 2015 version was released and purchased myself one to try! I absolutely love the Kikki.K planners I've tried so far. I think they are really great for the price. (They are the cheapest leather planners out there that I've found.) The 2015 Time Planner is quite similar in design to the 2014 planner but I thought I would share my first impressions with you today, and how the planner comes when you purchase it.

I thought I should mention that the Time Planner is not the same as the Berry/Grey Kikki.K Personal Planners that are still available for purchase online. (If you have a look at the Personal Planner on their website, you can see how it differs from the Time Planner.)

Update 3/8/14 - I have uploaded a video of my set up of this Kikki.K planner! If you're interested, check it out here, or at the end of this post.

Note: This post is picture heavy! :)


First off, the 2015 Time Planner is made of really nice leather, in a lilac colour, with small gold foil diamonds all over it. I absolutely love the colour. The colour is quite different to the pictures on the website, however. It is much more of a true lilac purple, whereas the website makes it look pink. Just a thought for those who may not have liked it from the pictures online. Although, the colour is not that easy to photograph.


The Time Planner comes in 3 sizes (Small, Medium and Large). I decided to try out the Large as I'm now using an A5/Large plannerMore about that in another post!

The Time Planner has an elastic closure. I know some people really aren't a fan of this. Personally, I do prefer a button/snap closure but the elastic isn't too bad. I do worry that it may get dirty with use. Although it should be fairly easy to clean.


Inside, on the left you will see 3 credit/business card pockets, 1 larger pocket, one secretarial pocket, one zipper pocket and one full length pocket. So it's safe to say you have a lot of pockets here.
I noticed that behind the secretarial pocket, it is lined with cute black and white fabric! I don't believe that the 2014 Time Planner had this type of lining behind the pocket. It was a cute surprise!


In the pocket, was this cute card that says "2015 Live it Love it". I think this would be cute to use next year!


The next thing, I am super excited about. Gold rings! I love gold rings in a planner. I think it looks gorgeous. The rings on my planner are awesome. No gaps or anything like that, which I was so happy about. I know that's very important to some people.
Something that is different with the 2015 planner is that there is paper around the rings to protect them from denting the leather, rather than fabric like last year's. That's no big deal to me, because I'll be removing that before I use the planner (as I assume most people would).


The dividers in the 2015 planner are cute. I wasn't a fan of the dividers that came in the 2014 planner, as they were a dark navy colour. For 2015, you get these cute light pink dividers, with gold writing on the tabs! The tabs that come in the planner are Monthly View, Weekly View, Addresses, Birthdays & Anniversaries, Shops & Restaurants, To Do, and Expenses. I like these dividers much more than last year, but I probably won't be using them in my planner as I wouldn't use most of these sections.


The "This Week" ruler that comes with this planner is a clear frosted style, and the writing on it is pink. I think that this ruler is a little thinner and less durable than last year's ruler, but it's not awful.


Each section in the planner comes with inserts. Most of these are the exact same as from the 2014 planner, so most people would be familiar with them. The paper that comes in the planner is fairly thin, so you probably wouldn't be able to use a felt tip pen or anything without it bleeding through.
Here are the inserts. The pictures are fairly self explanatory. (Sorry! I forgot to include a photo of the monthly inserts! I will try to update the post soon with a photo.)

(The To Do pages have perforated lines so you can rip out your lists! I think this is pretty cool!)

In the back of the planner, you have a Notes pad. I believe these pages are the same size as the paper in the planner, so you could punch holes in your notes and insert them into your planner.


You also get an elastic pen loop, which I like. I much prefer elastic pen loops over leather, as you can use almost any pen in it.


On the back of the planner, "Kikki.K" is embossed.


Overall, I am super happy with my new planner! I absolutely adore the lilac colour. I am very happy with the quality as well! I cannot wait to move into it. I'll be sure to do an update post when I have set it up. There weren't too many changes from the 2014 planner, to the new 2015 one.
My planner was packaged lovely, with lots of bubble wrap, as usual. Kikki.K always packages nicely.

If you're interested in checking out the new Time Planners, you can find them here. I can't guarantee they will be available for long, though! They tend to sell out quickly as they are so popular.

Update 3/8/14 - I've uploaded a set up video of my lilac Kikki.K!


Thanks for reading! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask! I will be happy to help. :) ♥

9 comments:

  1. This planner looks really gorgeous! Thanks for your great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that planner is amazing. I need it in my life haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do. ;) It's so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grazie per questa spiegazione così ben dettagliata, sono alla ricerca del mio diario già da un bel pò e il tuo post mi ha convinta a prenderlo!! grazie!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I have a question. What hole punch do you use for your inserts?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I use a regular single hole punch from the Fiskars brand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Will the gold foil come off easily? I want to purchase a planner that can last me several years :D

    ReplyDelete