Friday, September 26, 2014

Filofax Original Patent Purple {First Impressions}

Happy Filofax Friday friends! :) 

Today I have another Planner First Impressions. {Check out my Large Kikki.K Lilac First Impressions & my Small Kikki.K Lilac First Impressions.}

This is the Filofax Original in the Patent Purple colour, in Personal size.


I kind of bought this on a whim from eBay, to be quite honest. I was looking at a few different Filofaxes, and this one was the cheapest {and was located here in Australia} so I bought it. {If you are looking for one of these, Peters of Kensington usually has them in stock.}
A day or two after buying it, I was having second thoughts.
I have had a Filofax Original before {in Fluro Pink} and loved it, but I had watched some videos on YouTube of the Patent Purple and wasn't sure how I'd feel about it. Being Patent Purple, it's shiny and glossy, whereas the Fluro Pink had much more of a matte look. A medium tone purple like this isn't something I would usually reach for, either.
Plus, the package took a whole week to get to me from just two states away, when it really should have only taken 3-4 days max. {Not the seller's fault, of course.} That was a bit frustrating, because I'm super impatient with mail.
I thought that when I received this, that I wouldn't be impressed and I'd just want to sell it straight away. 

Buuuut I actually really like it!


The leather is shiny as expected, but not in a tacky way. Some photos and videos I'd seen had made the shine look a bit tacky and unattractive. But in real life, it's much nicer! :) I love the feeling of the leather!

I'm happy to report that this Original that I have is the newer version.
The first release Original Filofax had a shorter strap and people were finding it hard to fit a lot in. The newer version's strap is a bit less than 4 inches long, and the older one was 3.5. It might not sound like much, but apparently it makes a huge difference!


I love the simplicity of the interior of the Filofax Original, but lately I've actually been utilizing the pockets in my Filofaxes - I never used to use the pockets. So it will be a bit different to go from lots of pockets in my Malden, to almost no pockets in the Original.

I also love how the Originals almost lay flat right out of the package. This one doesn't lay quite as flat as my Fluro Pink one did but it's still quite flat. The one thing that annoys me about my Malden, is that it doesn't lay totally flat on the table.


My Original didn't come with everything that a brand new Original is supposed to come with, which is the only thing I'm a bit bummed about. The seller did mark it as Brand New, but in the description they said that only the 2014 Diary, dividers, note paper {it ended up being only the grid paper}, ruler and note pad were included. I would have really liked to have gotten the top loading envelope because I don't have one {I sold all mine when I thought I wasn't using Personal size anymore. D'oh!}, but oh well. I'll get one eventually.
The Filofax itself is definitely brand new, though. I can't see any signs of use and I received it in the plastic protective packaging.

 My Original & My Malden. ♥


 As you can see, the leather of the Purple Original is pretty shiny, because you can see my reflection in it!

 Purple Original in the sun. :)

I'm super glad that I decided to try out the Purple Original. It is really nice!

Thanks for reading! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment