Thursday, May 9, 2013

Alanna Renee Magical World Swatches

Hey ladies! :) I have some Alanna Renee polishes to show you today. Alanna Renee is an Aussie indie brand owned by Alanna of Pretty Purple Polish. I've tried 2 Alanna Renee polishes before and loved them so I'm excited to show you these ones today. :)
These 3 polishes are from the Magical World collection which is based off of Harry Potter! :) I love Harry Potter. I was a huge fan when I was younger! I still am but perhaps not as huge haha.

Just quickly before I get into the swatches - have you checked out my Blog Sale yet?! :) There's still lots of polish available and I keep adding to it, too. So if you looked a few days ago, have a look again because I've added some more stuff! :D I've also reduced the prices, but the prices aren't really set. If you think that I've asked too much for a polish and you want it, just email me and we can discuss it. :)
All orders of $20+ will get some free goodies too. ♥

Onto the pretties! :)

Drink Of Despair
"Drink of Despair is inspired by the potion Dumbledore drank when attempting to retrieve one of Voldemort's horcruxes. Drink of Despair is a mysterious potion which induces fear, delirium and extreme thirst."
Drink of Despair is loaded with emerald green flakes in a green base.
I found it a little thick to apply, probably because of how much of the flakes are packed in, but nothing terrible. :) This is seriously an amazingly gorgeous polish! I'm loving greens at the moment.
Swatch shows 3 coats of Drink of Despair with top coat.

The rest is after the jump! ;)


Golden Snitch
"Golden Snitch is inspired by the small walnut sized gold ball with silver wings used in Quidditch. It flies around the Quidditch field at fast speeds and is nearly impossible to see. The seeker's job is to catch the snitch before the other team's seeker winning their team 150 points and ending the game."
Golden Snitch is loads of sizes of gold glitter, with a little bit of silver glitter in there too. You can wear this one alone or as a top coat.
I absolutely love this gorgeous glitter bomb! I can see myself using this a lot for accent nails and it'd be really pretty as a gradient too! It was really easy and smooth to apply.
Swatch shows 3 coats of Golden Snitch with top coat.
 And here's a couple extra pictures because I love it so much. :)

Hedwig
Hedwig is inspired by Harry Potter's pet Snowy Owl. Harry named her Hedwig after finding the name in one of his school books - A History Of Magic.
Hedwig is a white creme base with black, brown, yellow and white teeny glitters as well as white bar glitters.
This one was super easy and smooth to apply.
The swatch shows 3 coats of Hedwig with top coat. (Excuse the smudge on my ring finger!)

As I knew they would be, all 3 of these polishes are great quality and amazing. :) I definitely recommend Alanna Renee polishes to everyone, especially Harry Potter fans of course. ;)

Alanna Renee is available at alannarenee.com in Australia, and also on Shoppe-Eclectic.co and Color4Nails (order via email color4nails21@gmail.com) which I believe both ship worldwide. :)

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

4 comments:

  1. Drink Of Despair is amaaaazing! I don't even like green polishes, but this I cannot resist :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look so good! I like the short square shape.

    I've not tried Alanna Renee before but these polishes look like a ton of fun.

    PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drink of despair is magical and Hedwig is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete