Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Nail Care Series: Hand Creams

In my last nail care post, I talked about cuticle care. I talked about how to keep your cuticles looking healthy and how moisturising is one of the most important steps. Moisturising your hands goes along with this.
If you don't like cuticle oils/balms/creams, you could very well get away with only using a hand cream and making sure to also rub it into your cuticles, as long as it's a moisturising one.

I have a LOT of hand creams on the go right now. Probably around 20. No joke. I just love trying new ones and I get given them a lot as gifts! And I really can't stand having dry hands (or cuticles) so I'm constantly applying hand cream.
I'm going to share with you my favourite hand creams and what I like and dislike about them.

Soap & Glory's Hand Food is one of my favourite hand creams right now. I like it for all times of the day. It's not greasy, and absorbs pretty quickly. It has a really nice scent. It does smell a little perfumey but in a nice way! I can't really describe the scent lol.
In Australia, Soap and Glory products are available at some Myer stores, as well as Kit Cosmetics and Mecca Cosmetica. But since they aren't sold in my Myer, and I don't have a Kit or Mecca Cosmetica store, I bought mine on eBay.



This is my #1 favourite overnight hand cream. It's kind of a weird formula. It doesn't actually feel like a cream, it feels more like a gel texture? It's clear and extremely thick. A little goes a long way with this stuff. It has a subtle scent, I can't really put my finger on what it smells like. I like to use this when my hands are feeling particularly dry, and then putting on cotton gloves (which I find in the cleaning section in the supermarket) and in the morning my hands feel amazing. This stuff can also be used on other dry spots. I have super dry skin, especially on my face, and I like to use a very small amount on my dry patches every now and then.
Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream should be available where any Neutrogena products are available such as Target, pharmacies, supermarkets. I bought mine from Priceline and I believe it was about $8.



Nivea's Intensive Nourishing Hand Cream is my most used hand cream at the moment. I love it!
It doesn't sink in straight away and it is a little greasy but I like that because it means it'll be really moisturising. And it is, it leaves my hands feeling super moisturised and smooth. It has a nice subtle, clean scent.
It's also a GREAT price for such a lovely hand cream! I believe it's under $4. Bargain! :) I buy mine from Priceline but you should also be able to find it at Target and other stores that sell Nivea products.



OPI's Avojuice Lotions are my favourite on-the-go hand creams. I was given a pack of 6 mini bottles for my birthday in all different scents but my favourite scent is the Mango one. They're a thin consistency and they absorb right away which is why they're so great for on-the-go. I don't find that they leave my hands feeling super moisturised and they don't really last the longest either but for a quick fix, they're really nice and they smell SO good. They have loads of scents, so there's something for everyone.
OPI Avojuice Lotions are available at David Jones and Myer in Australia. Again, they're also available on eBay and Amazon.

I also really used to enjoy a Vaseline hand cream that was in a pink tube. I remember it smelled so nice, kind of berry-ish and it absorbed SO quickly and left my hands feeling smooth. But I haven't seen that one in stores in a while, so it may not even be available anymore. :(

What are your favourite hand moisturisers? :) I'm always on the lookout for a new one! Even though I have countless tubes on the go...

 photo siggy_zps5e5fc22a.png
Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube

2 comments:

  1. I looove the OPI Avoplex hand and nail cream I think it's called. Smells yummy, kind of fruity and is really moisturising.

    I can't really afford it again right now though so I got the Vaseline Healthy Hands and Stronger Nails Hand Cream. Maybe this is the one you were talking about, because this is also in a pink tube. It smells a bit like hand soap but it's nice. Absorbs quickly but my hands feel moisturised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post! I looove the almond one from The Body Shop :).

    ReplyDelete