Saturday, October 26, 2013

Birthday Cupcake Manicure ♥

Hi guys! Happy weekend. :) Hope you have a great one.

Yesterday it was my awesome friend, Danni's, birthday! :) We had a surprise party for her and I did some nail art especially for it.

This manicure was totally copied from just1nail from Instagram. {I know that a lot of lovely ladies all did similar manicures like this to celebrate a birthday, but I first saw it on just1nail.} If you don't follow her already, by the way, her nails are so cute and she does amazing designs!!

The polishes I used in this manicure are:
OPI Pink Friday
OPI You're Such a Budapest
OPI Kiss Me On My Tulips
OPI Princesses Rule
Essie Mint Candy Apple
Essie Bikini So Teeny
Sinful Colors Snow Me White
Essence Make It Golden

I have a tutorial {here} for the chevron/zig zag design if you are interested in how to do that. But that's not actually the technique I used this time, as I hadn't prepared any decals beforehand. This time, I did this:

1) painted my base colours & let them dry totally.
2) cut up some little strips of sticky tape with my pinking shear scissors into the zig zag shapes {the same way I did in the tutorial}.
3) applied the tape to my nail and made sure I stuck it down really, really well.
4) painted over the tape with white polish.
5) quickly peeled up the tape to reveal my zig zag design! :)

Hopefully that little faux-torial was easy to follow. Haha. If you'd like to see a quick video tutorial I would be happy to do that for you some time soon!

Thanks for visiting! ♥

9 comments:

  1. This is the cutest thing. I wish I had the patience to do designs on nails because this would be ideal for my niece's upcoming birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marisa (Polish Obsession)October 26, 2013 at 11:44 AM

    Such a cute mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you! :) Maybe you could do just one cupcake nail? They are very easy to do :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look extra cute! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Becca @ FrankenFemmeOctober 27, 2013 at 7:32 AM

    This is SO fun! I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do all of that but I definetely want to try the cupcake accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the zig zag nails :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet! Love the chevrons and cupcakes! The pastels brings out such loveliness to this nail art ♥ -- Happy Belated Birthday, Danni!! :D

    ReplyDelete