Wednesday, October 16, 2013

What's In-die Box? {October - Little Box of Horrors} Swatches & Review

Hello lovelies! Today I have swatches of the October What's In-die Box to share with you! I showed you the July What's In-die Box a few months back, which you can check out {here}. That post contains an explanation of what exactly this box is, but it's basically a monthly box containing 5 Australian indie nail polishes, all based around a theme!

October's theme for the In-die Box is Little Box of Horrors. So all the polishes are Halloween themed which is really cool, since I actually only own one or two Halloween appropriate nail polishes!

{ If you don't want to see swatches because you're waiting for your box to come - DON'T READ ANY FURTHER! }


Please click the 'continue reading' button to see the rest of the post. :) It's pic heavy!


Arcane Lacquer All Hallows' Eve
All Hallows' Eve is a charcoal grey jelly base with orange, green, pink, purple and grey glitters.
This polish is definitely not my usual style, and not one I would usually pick for myself but I ended up really liking it!
The formula was pretty good & easy to work with; I thought it looked very opaque indoors {and outdoors as well} but I guess my eyes were deceiving me because when I came to edit my photos I see that I could have used another coat. You could also layer this over a black creme polish if you prefer a completely opaque look. I like the squishy jelly look, though. :)
I used 2 coats of All Hallows' Eve + 1 coat of top coat.

Glam Polish Corpse Bride
Corpse Bride is a white base with grey, silver, blue, black and purple glitters. There's also neon pink skull & crossbone glitters!!
This polish was super easy to apply, as I always find with Glam Polish-es. I love the colour combination of the glitters, even without the skull glitters.
The skull glitters were a little hard to get out of the bottle, but I just gave it a little shake and it made them much easier to fish out of the bottle. They also did stick up a little on the nail even after top coat, so you probably do have to strategically place them to get them flat on the nail.
I used 2 coats of Corpse Bride + 1 coat of top coat.

Lilypad Lacquer Queen of Halloween
Queen of Halloween is a deep berry holographic. ♥ Lilypad Lacquer is one of my fave brands for holos! The formula is always impeccably smooth, opaque and quick drying. This colour is soooo beautiful. I was a little disappointed though, that in the bottle the polish looks much more holographic than it turns out on the nails; but it is still a beautiful shade.
I used 2 coats of Queen of Halloween {but you could get away with just one} + 1 coat of top coat.
Peita's Polish Monster Mash
Monster Mash is a clear base with purple and orange glitters, as well as black shard glitters and silver micro glitter.
I love this! It's so versatile; you can layer it over sooo many different colours. It's super duper easy to apply.
I actually didn't realise until I got to painting my index nail that this has little black stars in it! :D I'm guessing they are very sparsely put into the bottle because I actually can't see any when I look at the bottle. { But maybe I'm just blind. Haha! }
I used 1 coat of Monster Mash over Essie's Play Date + 1 coat of top coat.

Miss Ashleigh Where My Witches At?
Where My Witches At? is a deep purple base with purple, orange, blue and silver glitters in all different sizes.
This is my first polish by Miss Ashleigh! I was super excited to try it.
I thought this polish would be very similar to Arcane All Hallows Eve {above} just looking at it in the bottle, but it's actually quite different. In the bottle the base looks black, but it's a really gorgeous deep purple. This was a surprise favourite! I love it. The formula was a little thick but nothing too bad, and if it's too thick for you, you can add a couple drops of nail polish thinner and it'll be fine. :)
This is another one that I would probably have done 3 coats of, instead of two, however. It looks a little patchy in areas but in person I couldn't really tell.
Let me tell you - this baby was super sparkly in the sun! :D
I used 2 coats of Where My Witches At? + 1 coat of top coat.

My favourites from this month's What's In-die Box would have to be... all of them! I am in love with each and every one of these polishes! Great job ladies! ♥

The October box is no longer available for purchase, but if you're interested in finding out about the November box, follow Peita's Polish on Facebook. :)

*Product(s) in this post were provided to me by the company or PR for my 100% honest review. For more info please read my Disclosure Policy*

5 comments:

  1. Queen of Halloween is stunning! I normally don't go for colors like that, but wow. That is one gorgeous polish. I would totally wear something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so pretty isn't it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great box! Love them all!
    I just wish they would ship to me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where My Witches At? is gorgeous, I really like the pops of red glitter in it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anca we do ship the box internationally now

    ReplyDelete