Thursday, August 21, 2014

Filofax Pocket Ochre Malden | My new baby! ♥

Today a new planner joined my little planner family. I actually just uploaded a setup of my Filofax Pocket Finsbury this morning, when my new baby arrived! I moved in right away.

Some of you probably think it's crazy how often new planners are coming into my possession, but I never keep them all! If I don't fall in love, I'll sell or swap it with someone. I won't keep a large collection for the sake of it as I feel like it's a huge waste and makes me feel so guilty!
Right now, I have 3 planners total in my collection and I am using two of them. I talked about that a bit in my new video.


This little beauty is the Filofax Pocket Malden in the Ochre colour. This is the second Ochre Malden that I've owned. I used to own it in Personal size too.
This is the first Filofax I've owned that actually came in a box! I've only had a couple of other brand new Filofaxes, and they came with the plastic cover sort of thing that they seem to all come with now. I was pleasantly suprised to have a box. :)


I love how the Maldens are all very unique to each other. The leather varies from planner to planner. The Personal size Ochre that I used to have, was more of a light brown, leaning more yellow than my Pocket size Ochre, which you can see is more reddish brown. The colour in the photos is pretty spot on to the colour in real life. The colour does change in different lighting and when you move it around in the light. The leather also varies in how smooth/wrinkled it is. The leather feels so beautiful and smooth. And it smells really nice too. Haha.


If you watched the video, or if you follow me on Instagram, you would know that I'm now using a Pocket size Filofax as my everyday planner! I'm really enjoying it. I can take my planner with me everywhere I go, no matter what handbag I'm using at the time. And I just love how little and cute it looks!!
I was inspired by Organized Jen's vlog, and @filo_newbie14 on Instagram to move into a Pocket size. I'm so glad I did!
My set up in this planner is exactly the same as what I showed in my video. I'm currently using DIYFish's inserts in my planner, and I find that with these inserts I have plenty of room to write what I need to which is really great.


In case you are wondering, I am still using my Kikki.K Large Time Planner in Lilac. I'm using it as my blog & Etsy shop planner. :) I usually don't need to take it with me, so it just stays at home.

Here is my video of my Pocket Finsbury, if you're interested!


Be sure to check back here tomorrow because it's Filofax Friday! ♥

4 comments:

  1. Love it Elissa. Interested to see how you go using it.... I'd love to move into my pocket Mia Cara as my everyday planner, but my handwriting is so big... maybe I should look at the DIYfish pages too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo-Anne! :) I am so in love with using my Pocket! ♥ although my handwriting is fairly small..
      Ohh how I'd love a Pocket Mia Cara! :D

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more. I am one a Pocket Malden in Ochre user and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete