Friday, August 22, 2014

Insert/Refill Options For Your Planner {Filofax Friday}

Hi guys! Happy Filofax Friday!

Today I have the next post in my Getting Started series for you. In the first post I went over the different brands of planners there are. If you missed that, you can check it out here.


In this post I'll be talking about insert options for your planner! I'll mostly be discussing inserts and calender styles for binder/ring style planners here, as you can't really change your inserts in any other planner.

You can definitely go ahead and use whichever inserts come with the planner you choose to purchase, but if they for any reason don't suit your needs, you might be looking for some different options.
With 2015 coming up in a few short months, many of you will be looking for some new inserts/refills for your planner.

When it comes to inserts, there are a few different styles that are the most common.
  • Week on 2 Pages {also known as Week To View, or WO2P}.
  • Month on 2 Pages {also known as Month To View or MO2P}.
  • Day Per Page {also known as Day on 1 Page or DO1P / DPP}.
There are many more styles out there, but these are the most common. Most planners/organizers will come with at least one of these styles already included in the planner.

There are many different places that you can choose to purchase your inserts. Each brand will offer different styles and types of pages for your planner.

A few brands that make planner inserts are Filofax, kikki.K, and Kate Spade {for Aussies the K.S. inserts are a bit harder to find. I have seen some on eBay}. There are many more, but I think these are the most popular for inserts available in stores or online.

Another great place to find inserts is Etsy. Etsy is amazing for planner inserts! You can find pretty much any style that you want, in any style you want! There are so many amazing creators/shops that I can't name them all. Most of the inserts you will find on Etsy are printables however, so you'll need to print/cut/punch them at home. 
Shameless plug: I actually offer some printables on my Etsy shop if you are interested. :)

I have tried many many many types of inserts in the 6-ish months that I have been using a Filofax planner. It's kind of embarrassing actually. I love trying out new inserts and switching things up!

Most of the inserts I use nowadays are printables, because I'm impatient and don't want to wait for new inserts to come in the mail. And to be honest, they tend to work out a bit cheaper too. Sure, it's more work for me but I really don't mind it! I find it quite relaxing and fun, now that I've gotten comfortable with printing, punching and cutting my inserts. 

My favourite Etsy shop to get my inserts would have to be DIYFish. I always come back to her great inserts. They are the best I have found so far. She has so so so many different options, and I know, it can be a little overwhelming. I recommend checking out her blog and looking at the Catalogue. I love that even in my Pocket planner, I still have enough room to write with her inserts.

I hope this helped you a little, and you've learned a bit about the types of inserts that are out there and made your decision a little easier.

Let me know which inserts you love to use in your planner!

Thank you so much for reading. ♥ I hope you have an amazing weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently rocking the DIYFish inserts as I find I can fit the most into them and not have to be flipping to and fro between sections in my planner. Previously I have used standard Kikki-K, Debden and OrganiseWithKatie (https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/OrganiseWithKatie) inserts. I still use the latter for notes and to-do list pages on the odd occasion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've used all the same ones as you have too! :) I looove trying new ones. DIYFish will always be my fave though :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a question, how do you go about punching holes in your DIY printable pages? Do you have a specific hole punch with the correct spacing or do you just kind of mark the holes and use a regular hole punch? I just discovered that the spacing on mine is no where near where the rings are on my planner so I'm trying to figure out the neatest way around it haha.

    ReplyDelete